From Willow Creek to Sacred Heart
Willow Creek Community Church
Christian devotional literature
|Published||2012 (Ave Maria Press)|
|LC Class||BX4705.H3337A3 2012|
From Willow Creek to Sacred Heart: Rekindling My Love for Catholicism is a book of Christian apologetics by Chris Haw that documents his transitions from Catholicism to Evangelicalism and back to Catholicism. The book was published by Ave Maria Press in 2012.
The first half of the book is autobiographical while the second half is a defense against Evangelical criticisms of Catholicism. William T. Cavanaugh, who teaches Catholic studies at DePaul University, wrote the afterword for the book. Haw's previous book was the 2008 Jesus for President, which he co-wrote with Shane Claiborne. In a National Catholic Reporter review, Tom Roberts compares From Willow Creek to Sacred Heart to Kaya Oakes' Radical Reinvention: An Unlikely Return to the Catholic Church, calling them both "very smart books". Fox News Channel interviewed Haw about From Willow Creek to Sacred Heart. In his book Reborn on the Fourth of July: The Challenge of Faith, Patriotism & Conscience, Logan Mehl-Laituri writes about From Willow Creek to Sacred Heart, saying that he "cannot recommend it highly enough". A Publishers Weekly reviewer suggests that the book will interest Protestants and Catholics alike because the book provides opportunity for both groups to learn and reflect on their spiritual lives. LaVonne Neff wrote a review of the book in The Christian Century, writing that "Haw does an exceptionally fine job of uniting theology, personal narrative and contemporary social realities".
- Braune, Joan (March 23, 2015). "The New Young Catholics". America. 212 (10). p. 36. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- Claiborne & Campolo (2012), p. 270.
- "Writers Recount Their Own Faith Stories in New Books". Catholic Sentinel. December 25, 2012. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- Brachear, Manya A. (November 24, 2012). "A Catholic Homecoming: Chris Haw Explores His Journey from Evangelicalism Back to Catholicism". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- "Catholic Again, After Living in Camden". Catholic Star Herald. October 25, 2012. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- Roberts, Tom (July 20, 2013). "Swimming Against a Demographic Tide". National Catholic Reporter. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- "Why I Went Back to the Catholic Church". Fox News Channel. November 9, 2012. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- Mehl-Laituri (2012), p. 232.
- "From Willow Creek to Sacred Heart: Rekindling My Love for Catholicism". Publishers Weekly. October 8, 2012. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- LaVonne Neff (January 10, 2013). "From Willow Creek to Sacred Heart, by Chris Haw". The Christian Century. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- Claiborne, Shane; Tony Campolo (2012). Red Letter Revolution: What If Jesus Really Meant What He Said?. Thomas Nelson. ISBN 1400204186.
- Mehl-Laituri, Logan (2012). Reborn on the Fourth of July: The Challenge of Faith, Patriotism & Conscience. InterVarsity Press. ISBN 0830866892.