Princess Frederica Wilhelmina of Prussia
Princess Frederica Wilhelmina Louise Amalia of Prussia (30 September 1796 – 1 January 1850) was a daughter of Prince Louis Charles of Prussia and Frederica of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. She was a member of the House of Hohenzollern. By her marriage to Leopold IV, Duke of Anhalt-Dessau, she would become Duchess consort of Anhalt-Dessau.
Frederica was the youngest child and only daughter of Prince Louis Charles of Prussia and his wife Frederica of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. Her father was a younger son of Frederick William II of Prussia. Due to her mother's later marriages, Frederica would have many half-siblings, including George V of Hanover.
Marriage and children
On 18 April 1818, Frederica married Leopold IV, Duke of Anhalt in Berlin. They had been engaged since 17 May 1816, as the connection had already been arranged by the Prussian court. This dynastic connection was an expression of Leopold's pro-Prussian policies.
They had six children:
|Princess Fredericka Amalie Auguste||28 November 1819||11 December 1822|
|Princess Fredericka Amalie Agnes||24 June 1824||23 October 1897||married on 28 April 1853 to Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg.|
|A son||3 August 1825||3 August 1825||he was either stillborn or died shortly after the birth.|
|A son||3 November 1827||3 November 1827||he was either stillborn or died shortly after the birth.|
|Frederick I, Duke of Anhalt||29 April 1831||24 January 1904||married on 22 April 1854 to Princess Antoinette of Saxe-Altenburg.|
|Princess Maria Anna||14 September 1837||12 May 1906||married on 29 November 1854 to Prince Frederick Charles of Prussia.|
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 30 September 1796 – 18 April 1818: Her Royal Highness Princess Frederica Wilhelmina of Prussia
- 18 April 1818 - 1 January 1850: Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Anhalt-Dessau
- 27 November 1847 - 1 January 1850: Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Anhalt-Köthen
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Frederica Wilhelmina of Prussia.|
- Lundy, Darryl. "The Peerage: Friederike Wilhelmina Luise Amalie Prinzessin von Preußen". Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- Martin, pp. 187-188.
- Martin, Frederick (1866). The Statesman's Year Book, 1866. London: Macmillan and Co.