Francis Ormsby-Gore, 6th Baron Harlech
Francis David Ormsby-Gore, 6th Baron Harlech (13 March 1954 – 1 February 2016), was a peer in the United Kingdom.
Lord Harlech was born in 1954, the fifth child and second son of William David Ormsby-Gore, 5th Baron Harlech and his wife Sylvia Thomas. He succeeded his father as 6th Baron Harlech in 1985 and sat as a Conservative member of the House of Lords until the removal of the hereditary peers in 1999.
In May 2011, Lord Harlech and his daughter were involved in a dangerous driving incident in Penrhyndeudraeth, north Wales.
He died of natural causes on 1 February 2016. A North Wales Police spokesman said: “ North Wales Police were called to an address at Talsarnau near Harlech at 11.40am on Monday, following reports of the sudden death of a man in his 60s."
Marriage & Children
Harlech married Amanda Jane Grieve in 1986 and they had a son and a daughter:
- Jasset David Cody Ormsby-Gore, 7th Baron Harlech (born 1 July 1986), currently studying at Central St Martins
- Hon Tallulah Sylvia Maria Ormsby-Gore (born 16 May 1988), who has studied at the New York Film Academy
Coat of arms
|Ancestors of Francis Ormsby-Gore, 6th Baron Harlech|
- "Curse of Harlechs hits again". Dailymail.co.uk. 2011-03-17. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Obituary: Lord Harlech". The Daily Telegraph. 10 February 2016. p. 29.
- "The glamorous aristocrat who has won Ralph Fiennes' heart". Dailymail.co.uk. 2007-09-15. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- The Peerage, Entry for 6th Lord Harlech
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
| Succeeded by|
Jasset David Cody