Francis Grosvenor, 8th Earl of Wilton
Francis Egerton Grosvenor, 8th Earl of Wilton (born 8 February 1934) is a peer of the United Kingdom.
He is the eldest son of Robert Egerton Grosvenor, 5th Baron Ebury and his first wife Anne Acland-Troyte. He succeeded his father as 6th Baron Ebury in 1957, and his fourth cousin, Seymour William Arthur John Egerton, 7th Earl of Wilton, to the earldom in 1999.
Following a career in the financial services industry in London, Melbourne and Hong Kong, he attained a doctorate in Philosophy-Arts at Melbourne University, going on to teach there as 'Dr Francis Ebury'.
The Earl is a member of the Board of Directors of Victorian Opera (Melbourne).
- (10 December 1957 to 1962) Gilian Elfrida Astley Elfin Soames with whom he had issue:
- The Hon. Julian Francis Martin Grosvenor, Viscount Grey of Wilton (8 June 1959), married in 1987 and divorced in 1990 Danielle Rossi
- (8 March 1963 to 1973) Kyra Aslin,
- (1974) Suzanne Jean Suckling: as by whom he had issue:
- Lady Georgina Lucy Grosvenor (29 March 1973 - 16 August 2003), a noted violist, married in 2000 to Peter Mitev.
- As Sue iEbury she s a biographer (The Many Lives of Kenneth Myer; "Weary the Life of Sir Edward Dunlop", Weary: King Of The River), editor and publisher; member of the Development Council of the National Library of Australia, and Patron of the Australian Garden History Society.
The heir to the titles is his son, the Hon. Julian Francis Martin Grosvenor, styled Viscount Grey de Wilton.
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Earl of Wilton
Julian Grosvenor, Viscount Grey de Wilton
Robert Egerton Grosvenor