Frances de Vere, Countess of Surrey
Frances Howard, (née de Vere), Countess of Surrey (c. 1516 – 30 June 1577) was the daughter of John de Vere, 15th Earl of Oxford, and Elizabeth Trussell. She married firstly, Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey, son of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk, and Elizabeth Stafford, by whom she had two sons and three daughters:
- Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk (10 March 1536 – 2 June 1572), married (1) Mary FitzAlan (2) Margaret Audley (3) Elizabeth Leyburne.
- Henry Howard, 1st Earl of Northampton, who died unmarried.
- Jane Howard, who married Charles Neville, 6th Earl of Westmorland.
- Margaret Howard, who married Henry Scrope, 9th Baron Scrope of Bolton.
- Katherine Howard, who married Henry Berkeley, 7th Baron Berkeley.
She married secondly Thomas Staynings, by whom she had one child.
- DeVere Family Accessed February 16, 2008
- stanford.edu Accessed May 23, 2008
- Brenan, Gerald, and Edward Phillips Statham. The House of Howard. London: Hutchinson & co, 1907. googlebooks Retrieved February 16, 2008