The Fleet Commander is a senior Royal Navy post, responsible for the operation, resourcing and training of the ships, submarines and aircraft, and personnel, of the Naval Service. He provides ships, submarines and aircraft ready for operations and is based at Navy Command Headquarters. The British Army equivalent is Commander Field Army. The RAF's Deputy Commander (Operations) is the close equivalent of the two positions. 
The post was created in April 2012 following a reorganisation of the Royal Navy and a re-designation of the former role of Commander-in-Chief Fleet.
The Fleet Commander's purpose is to provide ships, submarines and aircraft ready for any operations that the Government requires.
List of Fleet Commanders
Fleet Commander and Deputy Chief of Naval Staff
- April–December 2012: Admiral Sir George Zambellas 
- December 2012 – February 2016: Vice Admiral Sir Philip Jones
Fleet Commander and Chief Naval Warfare Officer
- February 2016: Vice Admiral Ben Key
Deputy Fleet Commander
- April–December 2012: Vice Admiral Sir Philip Jones
- Position Vacant
- ↑ Air Command senior, as of September 2012
- 1 2 Navy Board
- ↑ "Navy Command senior, as of March 2014". Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- ↑ Ups and outs: October 2012 Defence Viewpoints
- 1 2 "Royal Navy appoints new Fleet Commander". Royal Navy. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- ↑ Royal Navy’s Deputy Fleet Commander Visits UK Hydrographic Office Subsea World News, 30 July 2012
- ↑ Navy senior staff, March 2013