1 November 1831
Leeds Castle, Kent, England
24 April 1867 35) (aged|
Banbury , Oxfordshire, England
|Cause of death||Hunting Accident|
|Spouse(s)||Harriet Elizabeth (née Mott)|
|Parent(s)||Charles Wykeham Martin and Lady Jemima Isabella|
|Relatives||James Mann, 5th Earl Cornwallis|
Major Cornwallis, Married Harriet Elizabeth (née Mott), daughter of John Thomas Mott on 29 July 1863 and had 4 children. The eldest became 1st Baron Cornwallis.
Cornwallis was the grandson of James Mann, 5th Earl Cornwallis; the great-grandson of James Cornwallis, 4th Earl Cornwallis; the 2nd great-grandson of Charles Cornwallis, 1st Earl Cornwallis; the 3rd great-grandson of Charles Cornwallis, 4th Baron Cornwallis; the 4th great-grandson of Charles Cornwallis, 3rd Baron Cornwallis; the 5th great-grandson of Charles Cornwallis, 2nd Baron Cornwallis; the 6th great-grandson of Frederick Cornwallis, 1st Baron Cornwallis; and the 7th great-grandson of Jane Cornwallis, and Elizabeth Richardson, 1st Lady Cramond. His other ancestors include Edward Cornwallis, Frederick Cornwallis, Charles Cornwallis, 1st Marquess Cornwallis, William Cornwallis, and Charles Cornwallis, 2nd Marquess Cornwallis.
- Kidd, Charles; Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition).
New York: St Martin's Press, 1990. ISBN 0-333-38847-X
- Born and baptised Fiennes Wykeham-Martin, changed surname to Cornwallis by Royal Licenses 15 October 1859 in accordance with the will of Caroline Cornwallis (The London Gazette: . 25 October 1859. Retrieved 15 August 2011.).
- 11 September 1801 – 30 October 1870
- 25 December 1806 – 17 December 1836
- Old Etonians born in 1830's
- Children were:-
- Fiennes Stanley Wykeham Cornwallis 1864–1935.
- Arthur Wykeham Cornwallis 1865–1952.
- Helen Florence Cornwallis 1867–1957.
- Caroline Vere Cornwallis 1868–1909.
- With the following ranks
- Battle of Balaclava, 25 October 1854
- Letters Written from The Crimea to Several Members of his Family. CORNWALLIS, (Major Fiennes).
Collected and Edited by Mrs. Wykeham Martin, of Leeds Castle
- Lundy, Darryl. "FAQ". The Peerage.
- The Descendants of William the Conqueror Page 104
- Lippincott's Magazine of Popular Literature and Science The Conwallis Family
- Bulletins and Other State Intelligence 1855 Google Books