Federation of the Left
|Preceded by||Anticapitalist and Communist List|
|European affiliation||Party of the European Left (PRC, PdCI)|
The Federation of the Left (Italian: Federazione della Sinistra, FdS) was an electoral alliance of communist political parties in Italy. The coalition was the evolution of the Anticapitalist and Communist List.
- Communist Refoundation Party (PRC, communist, leader: Paolo Ferrero)
- Party of Italian Communists (PdCI, communist, leader: Oliviero Diliberto)
- Socialism 2000 (democratic-socialist, leader: Cesare Salvi)
- Labour–Solidarity (socialist, leader: Gian Paolo Patta)
In the 2009 European Parliament election the list won 3.4% of the vote. Its strongholds were in Central and Southern Italy: Calabria (6.7%), Umbria (6.2%), Tuscany (5.1%), Basilicata (4.5%), Abruzzo (4.3%) and Marche (4.2%). The support for FdS followed a similar pattern in the 2010 regional elections, despite losing votes to Left Ecology Freedom.
In September 2012 Socialism 2000 and Labour–Solidarity were merged into the Labour Party.
In November 2012 the FdS was de facto suspended as its two main constituents, the PRC and the PdCI, did not agree on how to participate to the 2013 general election, and the PdCI chose to take part to the primary election organized by Italy. Common Good.
In December 2012, la the PRC and the PdCI support list Ingroia "Civil Revolution" to create a fourth pole and a new hope.
- 2013 (never used)
- Spokesperson: Paolo Ferrero (2009–2010), Cesare Salvi (2010), Oliviero Diliberto (2010–2011) Massimo Rossi (2011–2012)
|Election year||# of overall votes||% of overall vote||# of overall seats won||+/-||Notes|
0 / 72
- "Per un nuovo inizio: costruiamo insieme la federazione della sinistra di alternativa" (in Italian). RadioRadicale.it. 2009-07-18. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "[Esplora il significato del termine: Al via la nuova Federazione della sinistra] Al via la nuova Federazione della sinistra". Corriere della Sera Archivio Storico (in Italian). RCS Mediagroup S.p.a. 19 July 2009. p. 16. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "ARCHIVIO STORICO DELLE ELEZIONI - Consultazione dati". Ministero dell'Interno (in Italian). Ministero dell'Interno. 7 June 2009. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "ARCHIVIO STORICO DELLE ELEZIONI - Consultazione dati". Ministero dell'Interno (in Italian). Ministero dell'Interno. 28 March 2010. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Comunisti riuniti". Affaritaliani.it (in Italian). Uomini & Affari S.r.l. 22 November 2010. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Nasce il "Partito del lavoro" Quante sigle a sinistra del Pd". Repubblica.it. 2011-09-25. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "federazionedellasinistra Resources and Information. This website is for sale!". federazionedellasinistra.com. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Nasce il Quarto Polo. Prc: "Siamo con Ingroia per far nascere una nuova speranza" - Politica La Spezia". Citta della Spezia. 2013-12-17. Retrieved 2014-07-15.