Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, also known as the Philadelphia Fed and the Philly Fed – headquartered at 10 N. Independence Mall West (N. 6th Street) at Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with an additional entrance at N. 7th Street – is responsible for the Third District of the Federal Reserve, which covers eastern and central Pennsylvania, the nine southern counties of New Jersey, and Delaware. Its geographical territory is by far the smallest in the system, and its population base is the second-smallest (next to the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis). The current President of the Philadelphia Fed is Patrick T. Harker.
The Philadelphia Fed conducts research on both the national and regional economy. Its regional manufacturing index is the second of the regional manufacturing reports released every month (the New York Fed's Empire State Index is now released earlier), but it is still very important to the financial community as a proxy for nationwide manufacturing conditions. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia publishes a quarterly survey of professional economic forecasters, the Survey of Professional Forecasters, also called "The Anxious Index". It is a highly predictive report on the prospects for the Economy of the United States. It also publishes a quarterly publication entitled Business Review. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia also publishes the Livingston Survey and the Greenbook data sets.
Current Board of Directors
|R. Scott Smith||Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Fulton Financial Corporation
|Frederick "Ted" C. Peters||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Bryn Mawr Trust Company
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
|David R. Hunsicker||Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
New Tripoli Bank
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
|Keith S. Campbell||Chairman
Salem, New Jersey
|Patrick T. Harker||President
University of Delaware
UPS - North California District
William Penn Foundation
|Michael J. Angelakis||Vice Chair and Chief Financial Officer
|James E. Nevels
The Swarthmore Group
- Federal Reserve System
- Federal Reserve Districts
- Federal Reserve Branches
- Federal Reserve Act
- Old Federal Reserve Bank Building (Philadelphia)
- Structure of the Federal Reserve System
- Crutsinger, Martin (2 March 2015). "University of Delaware President Harker tapped to succeed Plosser at Philadelphia Fed". US News and World Report. Associated Press.
- "Economists’ Tea Leaves Point to Recession" article by David Leonhardt in The New York Times, February 13, 2008.
- Business Review ISSN 0007-7011
- "Directors of Federal Reserve Banks and Branches". The Federal Reserve. Dec 8, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.|
- The Philadelphia Fed's home page
- A map of the third district
- Public Statements of Karl Bopp, former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Public Statements of David P. Eastburn, former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia