Ewyas Harold is a village and civil parish in the Golden Valley in Herefordshire, England, near to the Welsh border with present day Monmouthshire and about half way between the towns of Abergavenny and Hereford. The population of this civil parish at the 2011 census was 883. It lies on the Dulas brook, and is contiguous with the neighbouring village of Pontrilas.
The village is named after Harold, son of Ralph the Timid earl of Hereford, and grandson of King Æthelred the Unready. It lies on the site of Ewyas Harold Castle, of which only the motte remains. Ewyas Harold common is a large area of common land within the parish, rich in wildlife. It contains an ancient greenway, meadow saffron (left over from cultivation by the monks at Dore Abbey), and some villagers still have commoner's rights.
The village contains a number of amenities, such as a school, fire station and redundant Catholic church. The Church of England ministry of St. Michael and All Angels is now linked with that of several neighbouring parishes. It is the nearest village to the Pontrilas Army Training Area.
- Bannister, Arthur Thomas, The history of Ewias Harold, its castle, priory, and church (Hereford 1902)
- Ewyas Harold Castle, castle and priory excavations
- Ewyas Harold parish plan from 2005
- St Michael & All Angels, Ewyas Harold - with Dulas, diocesan website