Evangelical Church in Central Germany
The Evangelical Church in Central Germany (German:Evangelische Kirche in Mitteldeutschland) is a United church body covering most of the German states of Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia and some adjacent areas in Brandenburg and Saxony.
The Church was formed on January 1, 2009, when the Evangelical Church of the Church Province of Saxony merged with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Thuringia and became the Evangelical Church in Central Germany. The Church is the most important Christian denomination in Thuringia and Saxony-Anhalt.
The bishop's seat is Magdeburg, the capital of Saxony-Anhalt. The Church is a full member of the federation of Lutheran, Reformed and United Protestant churches in Germany called Evangelical Church in Germany. Its principal church is Magdeburg Cathedral.
- "EKD – map of the EKD member churches". ekd.de. Retrieved 5 March 2010.
- "Kirchenkreise in der EKM (Church parishes in the Evangelical Church in Central Germany)". ekmd.de. Retrieved 3 Nov 2010.
- Mitteldeutsche Zeitung:Gleichgeschlechtliche Paare können Verbindung segnen lassen (german)
- Evangelical Church in Central Germany (german)
- Evangelical Church in Central Germany (English)