Erik Johansson (footballer, born 1988)
|Full name||Erik Johansson|
|Date of birth||30 December 1988|
|Place of birth||Falkenberg, Sweden|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 December 2016.
Johansson started his career at Superettan side Falkenbergs FF in 2008 when he was promoted to the first team squad. He was a frequent used substitute for his first season at the club but also started in 10 matches out of 23 played. For the 2009 season Johansson had established himself as a regular in the starting lineup as he played 27 matches out of 30, all of which he started. He also scored 4 goals in the 2009 season as he was playing as a midfielder. His goal production increased to 7 for the 2010 season when he also played 27 matches for Falkenberg. In the 2011 season Johansson managed to play 21 matches and score 6 goals before transferring to Allsvenskan club GAIS.
Johansson transferred to GAIS on 1 September 2011. GAIS expressed early on that they considered to play his as a defender instead as a midfielder. He played 7 matches and scored one goal for his first season in Allsvenskan. For the 2012 season he played 27 matches out of 30 and scored 4 goals. GAIS were relegated to Superettan at the end of the season. Johansson was voted player of the year for GAIS in 2012.
On 12 December 2012, Johansson was presented as a Malmö FF player. He joined the club on 1 January 2013 when the transfer window opened in Sweden. Johansson signed a four-year contract lasting until the end of the 2016 season. During his debut season at the club Johansson played 17 matches in the league, primarily standing in for Filip Helander during the middle part of the season when he was injured. Johansson scored two goals in three matches for the club during the group stage of the 2012–13 Svenska Cupen before the start of the league season. For the 2014 season Johansson saw considerable more play as regular Pontus Jansson was sold during the summer transfer window. Johansson made 25 appearances in the league and ten matches in the clubs 2014–15 UEFA Champions League campaign, of which five matches where in the group stage. For his performances in the league Johansson was nominated for the award of Allsvenskan defender of the year.
On 9 July 2015, Johansson left Swedish football for the first time as he agreed to join Belgian Pro League club Gent on a four-year contract. He was assigned the number five shirt. He made his Gent debut on 31 July 2015 in a 1–0 home victory against Genk. He went on to make eight more appearances for Gent, all in the league, before leaving the club permanently in January 2016.
- Malmö FF
- "Erik Johansson klar för GAIS". gais.se. GAIS. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Erik och supportrarna årets spelare". gais.se. GAIS. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Erik Johansson klar" (in Swedish). mff.se. 12 December 2012. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- "Här är vinnarna i Allsvenskans stora pris". allsvenskan.se (in Swedish). Allsvenskan. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Erik Johansson tekent voor 4 seizoenen". kaagent.be (in Swedish). KAA Gent. 9 July 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Gent vs. Genk - 31 July 2015". http://uk.soccerway.com/. Soccerway. 18 January 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2016. External link in
- "Erik Johansson". soccerway.com (in Swedish). Soccerway. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "F.C. København køber Erik Johansson". fck.dk (in Danish). FC Copenhagen. 18 January 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2016.