Emma of Provence
|Emma of Provence|
|Spouse(s)||William III of Toulouse|
|Father||Rotbold II of Provence|
|Mother||Ermengarde de Maurienne|
Emma (estimate 975-1062) was a noblewoman, the daughter of Rotbold II of Provence and his wife Ermengarde. She inherited the title from her elder brother William III in 1037 and married William III of Toulouse.
With William, she had four children:
- Pons of Toulouse, who succeeded to Toulouse
- Bertrand, who succeeded Pons in Toulouse (1060) and his mother in Provence
- Ildegarda Elisa, wife of Fulk Bertrand of Provence
- Rangarda, wife of Peter Raymond of Carcassonne
- Medieval Lands Project: Provence.
- Lewis, Archibald R. The Development of Southern French and Catalan Society, 718–1050. University of Texas Press: Austin, 1965.
Emma of ProvenceBorn: 1014 Died: 1062
|Margrave of Provence
| Succeeded by|