Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
|Elizabethtown Community College, Elizabethtown Technical College|
|Motto||Transforming Lives - Transforming Kentucky|
|Type||Public, 2 year|
|President||Dr. Thelma White|
|Provost||Dr. Tiffany Evans|
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, USA|
37°41′34.35″N 85°52′41.62″W / 37.6928750°N 85.8782278°WCoordinates: 37°41′34.35″N 85°52′41.62″W / 37.6928750°N 85.8782278°W
|Affiliations||Kentucky Community and Technical College System|
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (ECTC) located in Elizabethtown, KY, is one of 16 two-year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). It was formed by the consolidation of Elizabethtown Community College (est. 1964) and Elizabethtown Technical College (est. 1965) in 2004. ECTC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). In 1997, the Kentucky General Assembly passed the Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997, separating Kentucky's community colleges from the University of Kentucky's Community College System and uniting them under a new entity, the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. This separation left ECC to operate for nearly a year and a half without formal accreditation, as the community colleges had previously received accreditation through their connection with the University of Kentucky. Once KCTCS was established, this oversight was corrected.
The Elizabethtown Japanese School (エリザベスタウン日本人補習校 Erizabesutaun Nihonjin Hoshūkō), a weekend Japanese program, holds its classes at the college.
ECTC has four campuses to accommodate the surrounding community. The main campus is located in Elizabethtown off the 31-W bypass. In addition there is a Fort Knox campus, a Springfield campus, and a Leitchfield campus. The technical college also offers seven off-campus locations where students of Hardin, and 11 surrounding counties can attend instructional classes.
The primary service area of ECTC includes:
- Breckinridge County
- Bullitt County
- Green County
- Grayson County
- Hardin County
- Hart County
- LaRue County
- Marion County
- Meade County
- Nelson County
- Taylor County
- Washington County
- "補習授業校リスト" (Archive). Consulate General of Japan in Nashville. Retrieved on February 15, 2015. "（２）エリザ スタウン日本人補習校 ( Elizabethtown Japanese School ) 学校所在地 c/o Elizabethtown Community and Technical College 600 College Street Road, Elizabethtown , KY 42701"
- Home. Elizabethtown Japanese School. Retrieved on April 5, 2015. "エリザベスタウン日本人補習校 c/o ECTC 600 College Street Road Elizabethtown, Kentucky, U.S.A."
- "Our Campuses | Elizabethtown Community & Technical College". www.elizabethtown.kctcs.edu. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College Home Page
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System Home Page