|Coordinates: 32°56′50.64″N 35°32′56.04″E / 32.9474000°N 35.5489000°ECoordinates: 32°56′50.64″N 35°32′56.04″E / 32.9474000°N 35.5489000°E|
|Founded by||Moshavim Movement|
|Name meaning||Named after Biblical character|
- "Eliphelet" redirects here. For the Biblical character, see David's Mighty Warriors.
Elifelet (Hebrew: אֱלִיפֶלֶט) is a moshav in northern Israel. Located in the Upper Galilee near Rosh Pina, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mevo'ot HaHermon Regional Council. In 2015 it had a population of 554.
The name "Elifelet" is borrowed from several characters in the Hebrew Bible who were also named Elifelet, for example one of the sons of King David (2 Samuel 5:16 / 1 Chronicles 3:8) and a repatriate after the Babylonian Captivity (Ezra 8:13).
The moshav was founded in 1949 by immigrants from Yemen belonging to the Moshavim Movement on the former village grounds of the depopulated Arab village of al-Zanghariyya. Although it was abandoned after several years, it was resettled during the 1950s by immigrants from North Africa and Iraq.
- "List of localities, in Alphabetical order" (PDF). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- Carta's Official Guide to Israel and Complete Gazetteer to all Sites in the Holy Land. (3rd edition 1993) Jerusalem: Carta, p.143