Elias I, Count of Maine
|Elias I of Maine|
Matilda of Château-du-Loir|
Agnes of Poitou
|Noble family||La Flèche-de Baugency|
|Father||Jean de la Fleche|
|Mother||Paula of Maine|
|Died||11 July 1110|
In 1092, his cousin Hugh V sold Maine to him for 10,000 shillings. With the support of Fulk IV of Anjou, he continued the war with Robert II of Normandy. After Robert's departure with the First Crusade, Elias made peace with William Rufus, Robert's regent in Normandy.
In 1090 Elias married Matilda, daughter of Gervais II, Lord of Château-du-Loir. They had a daughter:
Elias of Maine died on July 11, 1110 and was buried in the choir of the abbey church Notre-Dame de la Couture in Le Mans.
- Nécrologe-obituaire de la cathédrale du Mans, G. Busson and A. Ledru eds., Archives historiques de Maine VII (Le Mans 1906),163-164.
- Detlev Schwennicke, Europäische Stammtafeln: Stammtafeln zur Geschichte der Europäischen Staaten, Neue Folge, Band III Teilband 4 (Verlag von J. A. Stargardt, Marburg, Germany, 1989), Tafel 692
- Ordericus Vitalis, The Ecclesiastical History of England and Normandy,Trans. Thomas Forester, Volume II (Henry G. Bohn, London, 1854), p. 223
- Ordericus Vitalis, The Ecclesiastical History of England and Normandy,Trans. Thomas Forester, Volume III (Henry G. Bohn, London, 1854), p. 276
- Cawley, Charles, Medieval Lands Project: comtes du Maine., Medieval Lands database, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy,
- Hélias de la Flèche.