Elementary school is a school for students at their first school years, before they enter secondary education. The exact ages vary by country. Elementary school is usually part of the compulsory education, especially in the Western countries.
(Scotland) leave nursery age 4 and start primary school for the next 7 years which would be primary 1 (age 4 to 5) and so on until primary 7 which would be the last year at primary school at age (9 to 10) then after that off to high school at age 11 to 12
- Elementary school (England and Wales) First established in 1870, most of these schools were converted into Primary schools during the late 1940s
- Elementary school (United States), where there are currently some 92,858 elementary schools (68,173 public, 24,685 private)
- Elementary schools in Japan
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) (United States)
- Elementary Schools with Education and Crime Statistics (United States)