Electoral district of Castlemaine (Victorian Legislative Council)
The Electoral district of Castlemaine was an electoral district of the old unicameral Victorian Legislative Council of 1851 to 1856. Victoria being a colony in Australia at the time. Castlemaine was added to the Council in 1855, along with four other districts.
The Electoral district of Castlemaine's area included the parishes of Castlemaine, Muckleford, Harcourt, Guildford, Fryers, Strangeways, Tarrengower, Maldon, Yandoit, Franklyn, Wombat, Walmer, and Sandon.
Castlemaine was abolished along with all the other districts in the Legislative Council in 1856 as part of the new Parliament of Victoria. New Provinces were created that made up the Legislative Council, which was the upper house from 1856.
|Member 1||Term||Member 2||Term|
|Vincent Pyke||Nov. 1855 – Mar. 1856||James Atkin Wheeler||Nov. 1855 – Mar. 1856|
- "An Act to further alter "The Victoria Electoral Act of 1851" and to increase the Number of Members of the Legislative Council of Victoria. (Assented to 22nd May, 1855.)" (PDF). Australasian Legal Information Institute. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Sweetman, Edward (1920). Constitutional Development of Victoria, 1851-6. Whitcombe & Tombs Limited. p. 182. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Re-Member (Former Members)". State Government of Victoria. Retrieved 19 May 2013.