Eleanor Beauchamp, Duchess of Somerset
|Lady Eleanor Beauchamp|
Baroness de Ros|
Duchess of Somerset
Thomas de Ros, 8th Baron de Ros|
Edmund Beaufort, 1st Duke of Somerset
Thomas de Ros, 9th Baron de Ros
Richard de Ros
Margaret de Ros, Baroness Botreaux
Eleanor Beaufort, Countess of Ormonde
Lady Elizabeth Beaufort
Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset
Margaret Beaufort, Countess of Stafford
Edmund Beaufort, styled 3rd Duke of Somerset
Lady Anne Beaufort
John Beaufort, styled Marquess of Dorset
Lady Joan Beaufort
Lord Thomas Beaufort
Lady Mary Beaufort
|Father||Richard de Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick|
|Mother||Elizabeth de Berkeley|
Wedgenock, Warwickshire, England
6 March 1467 (aged 58–59)|
Baynard's Castle, London, England
Lady Eleanor Beauchamp, Baroness de Ros and Duchess of Somerset (September 1408 – 6 March 1467) at Wedgenock, Warwickshire, England, was the second daughter of Richard de Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick and Elizabeth de Berkeley, daughter of Thomas de Berkeley, 5th Baron Berkeley.
Sometime before 1430, Lady Eleanor was married to Thomas de Ros, 8th Baron de Ros. They were parents of the following surviving issue:
- Thomas de Ros, 9th Baron de Ros (9 September 1427 - 17 May 1464)
- Richard de Ros (8 March 1429 - after 1492)
- Margaret de Ros (1432 - 10 December 1488), married firstly (as his second wife) William de Botreaux, 3rd Baron Botreaux (d. 1462), secondly Thomas Burgh, 1st Baron Burgh of Gainsborough.
Eleanor married Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset sometime between 1431 and 1435 in an unlicensed marriage, although this was pardoned on 7 March 1438. He was the son of John Beaufort, 1st Earl of Somerset and Lady Margaret Holland. They had the following surviving issue:
- Eleanor Beaufort, married first James Butler, 5th Earl of Ormond and second Sir Robert Spencer.
- Elizabeth Beaufort (born ca. 1434 – died before 1472), married Sir Henry FitzLewis.
- Henry Beaufort, styled 2nd Duke of Somerset (1436–1464)
- Margaret Beaufort, Countess of Stafford (c. 1437 – 1474), married first Humphrey, Earl of Stafford and second Sir Richard Darell.
- Edmund Beaufort, styled 3rd Duke of Somerset (c. 1439 – 4 May 1471)
- Anne Beaufort (c. 1453 – c. 1496), married Sir William Paston
- John Beaufort, Earl of Dorset (c. 1455 – died 4 May 1471)
- Lady Joan Beaufort (c. 1447 – d. 11 August 1518), married first Sir Robert St. Lawrence, and secondly, Richard Fry. No issue.
- Thomas Beaufort (c. 1450 – c. 1463)
- Mary Beaufort (born ca. 1441 – died 14??)
She died on 6 March 1467 at the age of 58 at Baynard's Castle, London, England.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, page 220.
- Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 614.
- Lundy, Darryl (18 May 2005). "Lady Eleanor Beauchamp". The Peerage. Retrieved 6 October 2009.
- Crawley, Charles. "Medieval Lands: England, Earls - Created 1067-1122". Retrieved 27 October 2009.
- Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 106
- Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, UK: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 105.
- The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales by Gerald Paget, vol 1, p. 23.