Efva Attling at Stockholm Pride 2014
Efva Katarina Attling|
18 February 1952
She worked as a professional model for twelve years after being spotted by Eileen Ford. She was also noted for being one of Sweden's best professional disco dancers.
Silversmith and jewellery designer
Attling designed for Levi's and H&M and in the mid 1990's she started her own line of jewellery. Her pendant "Homo Sapiens" was worn by Madonna in 1999, and Meryl Streep is also known to wear her jewellery.
Attling was married to pop singer/writer Niklas Strömstedt, with whom she has two children, from 1985 to 1995. She entered a civil union with Swedish pop singer Eva Dahlgren in 1996. They were married in 2009 after Sweden passed its gender neutral marriage law.
Attling has received a medal from the Royal Swedish Patriotic Society in April 2011 for distinguishing herself as an internationally known jewellery designer.
- X Models discography at Discogs
- X Models discography at Rate Your Music
- sv:Efva Attling
- "Efva Attling biography". moxtex.org.
- Erlandson, Åsa (26 June 1999). "Madonna bär Efvas smycke" [Madonna wears Efva's jewllery]. www.aftonbladet.se. Aftonbladet. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- Grenninger, Anna-Karin (21 September 2011). "Efva gör smycken åt superstjärnorna" [Efva makes jewellery for superstars]. www.alltomstockholm.se. Allt Om Stockholm. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- "Kungliga Patriotiska Sällskapet Pressrelease" (PDF). www.kungligapatriotiskasallskapet.se. Kungliga Patriotiska Sällskapet. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Efva Attling.|