Edward Foljambe, 5th Earl of Liverpool
Edward Peter Bertram Savile Foljambe, 5th Earl of Liverpool (born 14 November 1944) is a British peer and Conservative politician.
Liverpool is the son of Captain Peter George William Savile Foljambe and Elizabeth Joan Flint, whose father was Hon. Bertram Marmaduke Osbert Savile Foljambe, son of the 1st Lord Liverpool.
In 1969, at the age of 24, he succeeded his great-uncle as Earl of Liverpool and took his seat in the House of Lords. He was educated at Shrewsbury School. He is now one of the ninety elected hereditary peers who remain in the House of Lords after the House of Lords Act of 1999, and sits on the Conservative benches.
Lord Liverpool married, firstly, Lady Juliana Mary Alice Noel, daughter of Anthony Noel, 5th Earl of Gainsborough and Mary Stourton, on 29 January 1970. They were divorced in 1994. He married, secondly, Countess Marie-Ange Michel de Pierredon, daughter of Count Géraud Michel de Pierredon, on 26 May 1995. Lord Liverpool has two children from his first marriage:
- Luke Foljambe, Viscount Hawkesbury (b. 25 March 1972)
- Hon. Ralph Foljambe (b. 1974)
Arms of Edward Foljambe, 5th Earl of Liverpool
- A Coronet of an Earl
- 1st (of honourable augmentation granted Aug 1906): On a Chapeau Gules turned up Ermine a lion rampant of the first, charged on the shoulder with a Bezant, thereon an Eagle displayed Sable, and resting the dexter hind paw on a Plate charged with a Bend Azure, thereon three Garbs Or, and surmounted by an Escutcheon Argent charged with an Eagle displayed also Sable, charged on the breast with a Fleur-de-Lys also Or, the Lion crowned gold and supporting with the fore paws a Man-of-War's Church Pennant proper; 2nd: A Seaweed Rock proper, thereon an heraldic Sea Lion sejant Azure resting the dexter paw on an Escutcheon per fess wavy argent and azure, in chief a Cormorant Sable, beaked and legged, holding in the beak a Branch of Seaweed, called laver, inverted Vert (Liverpool), and in base a Hawk, wings elevated and addorsed Argent (Hawkesbury); 3rd: A Man's Leg unarmed, couped at the thigh, quarterly Or and Sable, spurred Gold
- Sable a Bend between six Escallops Or, and as an honourable augmentation (granted Aug 1906) on the bend in chief on an Escutcheon Vert a Key surmounted by a Baton in saltire Or
- On either side a Griffin, wings elevated Or, beaked, membered, ducally gorged, and on the wing three Fleur-de-Lys one and two all Azure, that on the dexter side charged on the breast with a Torteau thereon a Cross Crosslet fitchée Argent (the badge of Howard), and that on the sinister charged on the breast with a Pellet thereon a Stag's Head cabossed also Argent (the badge of Cavendish)
- Over the 1st Crest: Bydd Ddiyagog; over the 2nd Crest: Demovres Ferme; over the 3rd Crest: Bee Fast; and under the arms: Soyes Ferme (Be steadfast)