Edward Digby, 10th Baron Digby
Digby was the eldest son of Edward St Vincent Digby, 9th Baron Digby, son of Admiral Sir Henry Digby. His mother was Lady Theresa Anna Maria Fox-Strangways, daughter of Henry Fox-Strangways, 3rd Earl of Ilchester, while Jane Digby was his aunt. He was elected to the House of Commons for Dorset in 1876, a seat he held until 1885. In 1889 he succeeded his father in the two baronies and took his seat in the House of Lords.
Lord Digby married Emily Beryl Sissy Hood, daughter of Hon. Albert Hood, in 1893. He died in May 1920, aged 73, and was succeeded in his titles by his eldest son Edward Kenelm Digby. Lady Digby died in 1928. Hon. Pamela Digby, Lord Digby's granddaughter, became American Ambassador to France.
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990,
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs
- Lundy, Darryl. "FAQ". The Peerage.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Edward Digby
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Henry Gerard Sturt
Henry Berkeley Portman
|Member of Parliament for Dorset
With: Henry Berkeley Portman
|Peerage of Ireland|
Edward St Vincent Digby
| Succeeded by|
Edward Kenelm Digby