Edinburgh University Press
|Headquarters||Edinburgh, Scotland, UK|
|Products||Books, academic journals|
|Revenue||2.37 million GBP|
|Parent||University of Edinburgh|
Edinburgh University Press was founded in the 1940s and became a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of Edinburgh in 1992. Books and journals published by the Press carry the imprimatur of The University of Edinburgh. All proposed publishing projects are appraised and approved by the Press Committee, which consists of academics from the university. Since August 2004, the Press has had Charitable Status.
In November 2013, Edinburgh University Press acquired Dundee University Press for an undisclosed sum, with a stated aim to increase textbook and digital sales, with a particular focus on law. Brodies advised Edinburgh University Press on the terms of the acquisition.
Edinburgh University Press publishes a range of research publications, which include scholarly monographs and reference works, as well as materials which are available on-line. The Press also publishes textbooks for students and lecturers. The press publishes around 120 books and 30 journals each year.
The press participates in the ebook platforms University Press Scholarship Online (as Edinburgh Scholarship Online), Books at JSTOR and University Publishing Online, and also works with a number of ebook aggregators.
EUP supports both gold and green open access publishing, and is one of 13 publishers to participate in the Knowledge Unlatched pilot, a global library consortium approach to funding open access books.
Edinburgh University Press achieved combined book and journal revenues of over £2.37m for the year ending 31 July 2013, a 7% increase on the previous year. Profit before interest was £197,000, which was marginally down on 2012 due to continued investment in editorial and marketing areas.
- Campbell, Lisa (4 November 2013). "Dundee UP acquired by Edinburgh". Bookseller Media Ltd. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Edinburgh University Press". University of Edinburgh. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "About Us". Edinburgh University Press. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Edinburgh University Press buys Dundee publisher". BBC News. 4 November 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Brodies advised Edinburgh University Press". Brodies. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Edinburgh University Press". JSTOR. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Publisher of the Month: Edinburgh University Press". Books from Scotland. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "About Us". Edinburgh University Press. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Edinburgh Scholarship Online". University Press Scholarship Online. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Books at JSTOR". JSTOR. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- Campbell, Lisa (11 September 2012). "EUP & Boydell join University Publishing Online". Bookseller Media Ltd. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Librarian Orders: Ebooks for Libraries". Edinburgh University Press. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Open Access". Edinburgh University Press. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Good for publishers". knowledgeunlatched.org.
- Official website - Corporate information and journals publishing programme
- Official website – books publishing programme