28 December 1906|
22 May 1999 92) (aged|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Born in Penne, Abruzzo, he took a degree in medicine and surgery and practiced the profession for a short time. He entered the film industry as a screenwriter and assistant director in early 1930s, then made his directorial debut in 1935 with Pierpin. Coletti specialized in films of great spectacular impact and was particularly appreciated in the direction of action movies.
- The Fornaretto of Venice (1939)
- Captain Fracasse (1940)
- The Adulteress (1946)
- Bullet for Stefano (1947)
- Heart (Cuore) (1948)
- The Earth Cries Out (Il grido della terra) (1948)
- The Wolf of the Sila (1949)
- Romanzo d'amore (1950)
- Free Escape (1951)
- Wanda la peccatrice (1952)
- The Piano Tuner Has Arrived (1952)
- Hell Raiders of the Deep (I sette dell'orsa maggiore), a.k.a. Human Torpedoes (1952)
- Submarine Attack (1954)
- Folgore Division (Divisione Folgore) (1954)
- Bella non piangere! (1955)
- The House of Intrigue (Londra chiama Polo Nord), a.k.a. London Calling North Pole (1956)
- The Italians They Are Crazy (Gli italiani sono matti) (1958)
- Under Ten Flags (1960)
- Black City (Il re di Poggioreale) (1961)
- Anzio (1968)
- Roberto Poppi. I registi: dal 1930 ai giorni nostri. Gremese Editore, 2002. ISBN 8884401712.
- "4th Berlin International Film Festival: In Competition". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "8th Berlin International Film Festival: Juries". berlinale.de. Retrieved 31 December 2009.