Location within West Midlands
|Coordinates||52°29′06″N 1°52′44″W / 52.485°N 1.879°WCoordinates: 52°29′06″N 1°52′44″W / 52.485°N 1.879°W|
|Built for||War Office|
The barracks were commissioned as part of the response to the Priestley Riots; they were designed by John Rawsthorne and completed in 1793. Although intended for cavalry regiments, they were used by the Royal Horse Artillery from 1878 and became the home of 1st South Midland Field Ambulance during the First World War. The barracks were demolished in 1932 and the site is now occupied by the maisonettes of the Ashcroft Estate.
- "Architect: John Rawstorne/John Rawsthorne". Eighteenth century Birmingham. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- Soden, Iain. "Late Post-Medieval Coventry: Resource Assessment c1750-1940". University of Birmingham. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- "1st South Midland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps". Wartime memories project. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- "The Ashcroft Estate". William Dargue. Retrieved 9 October 2016.