The church of Our Lady of the Nativity, in Ducos
Location of the commune (in red) within Martinique
|Coordinates: 14°34′30″N 60°58′30″W / 14.57500°N 60.97500°WCoordinates: 14°34′30″N 60°58′30″W / 14.57500°N 60.97500°W|
|Overseas region and department||Martinique|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Charles-André Mencé|
|Area1||37.69 km2 (14.55 sq mi)|
|• Density||460/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||97207 / 97224|
|Elevation||0–160 m (0–525 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
It was called "Trou-au-chat" until 1855, and was renamed after the French politician Théodore Ducos. Its inhabitants are Ducossais.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ducos.|
- Mérimée database - Cultural heritage (French)