Satellite image of Drvenik Veli
|Coordinates||43°26′39″N 16°08′44″E / 43.444226°N 16.145439°ECoordinates: 43°26′39″N 16°08′44″E / 43.444226°N 16.145439°E|
|Area||12.07 km2 (4.66 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||178 m (584 ft)|
Drvenik Veli (Italian: Zirona Grande) is an island in Croatian part of Adriatic Sea. It is situated in middle-Dalmatian archipelago, northwest of Šolta, 1.8 kilometres (1.1 miles) from the mainland. Its area is 12.07 square kilometres (4.66 sq mi). The highest peak is 178 metres high. The only settlement on the island is the near-eponymous village of Drvenik Veliki (pronounced [dr̩v̞ɛ̌niːk v̞ɛ̂likiː]) with a population of 150 (2011 census). The island was first inhabited in the 15th century. Croatian monuments from the 13th century, the island is mentioned as "Gerona" or "Giruan". Main industries are agriculture, fishing and tourism. The coast of the island consists of many sand and pebble beaches.
- (Croatian) Basic facts about Drvenik
- Duplančić Leder, Tea; Ujević, Tin; Čala, Mendi (June 2004). "Coastline lengths and areas of islands in the Croatian part of the Adriatic Sea determined from the topographic maps at the scale of 1 : 25 000" (PDF). Geoadria. Zadar. 9 (1): 5–32. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Ostroški, Ljiljana, ed. (December 2015). Statistički ljetopis Republike Hrvatske 2015 [Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia 2015] (PDF). Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian and English). 47. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. p. 47. ISSN 1333-3305. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Drvenik Veli". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- (Croatian) "Drvenik veli". General Encyclopedia of the Yugoslav Lexicographical Institute (in Croatian). 2. Zagreb: Yugoslav Lexicographical Institute. 1977.
- (Croatian) First Croatian online peljar
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Drvenik Veli.|
- (Croatian) Web site dedicated to Drvenik veliki