Drangedal within Telemark
|Coordinates: 59°7′24″N 8°58′55″E / 59.12333°N 8.98194°ECoordinates: 59°7′24″N 8°58′55″E / 59.12333°N 8.98194°E|
|• Mayor (2016)||Tor Peder Lohne (Ap)|
|• Total||1,063 km2 (410 sq mi)|
|• Land||996 km2 (385 sq mi)|
|Area rank||96 in Norway|
|• Rank||223 in Norway|
|• Density||4/km2 (10/sq mi)|
|• Change (10 years)||-2.7 %|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||NO-0817|
|Official language form||Neutral|
Drangedal is a municipality in Telemark county, Norway. It is part of the traditional region of Grenland. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Prestestranda. The municipality of Drangedal was established on 1 January 1838 (see formannskapsdistrikt). The district of Tørdal encompassed the northwestern part of the municipality.
The administrative centre in Drangedal, Prestestranda, and is situated by lake Tokevann. The municipal government is located there along with primary and secondary schools, shopping facilities, and a bank. Drangedal railway station is also located in Prestestranda and is served by the Oslo to Kristiansand Sørlandsbannen railway line.
- Hallvard Graatop (early 15th century) Rebel leader opposing the Crown and the bailiffs.
- Knud Wefald (1869-1936), Norwegian American politician, represented Minnesota Farmer Labor Party in the United States Congress in Washington D.C.
- Andrew Gulickson (1856-1941), Norwegian American politician, member of Wisconsin State Assembly
- Knut T. Storbukås, musician, known by nickname "Sputnik".
- Media related to Drangedal at Wikimedia Commons
- The dictionary definition of Drangedal at Wiktionary
- Municipal fact sheet from Statistics Norway
- Telemark travel guide from Wikivoyage