Divinity (TV channel)
|Launched||1 April 2011|
|Owned by||Mediaset España|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Movistar TV||Channel 37|
Divinity is a private Spanish television channel owned by Mediaset España Comunicación, whose programming is aimed to target women. Divinity began test broadcasts on 1 March 2011 before fully launching on 1 April 2011.
With the expansion of the number of channels in 2010, before the merger of Telecinco and Cuatro, Telecinco was considering launching a free channel dedicated to women. The channel would have been launched on 1 September 2010 as "LaNueve" (The Nine) corresponding to its logical channel number on digital terrestrial television.
A month after the announcement, Telecinco announced that the project was dropped and replaced by a children's channel, Boing.
The project was finally resumed and La Nueve started broadcasting on 2 January 2013. The programmes are mainly repeats of series previously shown on the other Mediaset channels, especially Telecinco and Divinity.
The next day on 24 February 2011, Telecinco confirmed by a press release that a new channel aimed at women was to launch.
The new channel was named as Divinity, with programming similar to that of LaNueve.
- Telecinco lanza La Nueve para competir con Nova de Antena 3. Vertele.
- Telecinco lanza Boing como su cuarto canal y desecha LaNueve. FormulaTV.
- Divinity ahora también será una tele – Noticias Actualidad – DIVINITY. Divinity.es.
- Divinity comienza finalmente sus emisiones este martes 1 de marzo. FormulaTV.
- "Divinity está llegando" pretende familiarizar la futura identidad del canal. FormulaTV.