Discovery World (TV channel)
Discovery World is a European television channel which features programming in the fields of travel, culture and history. Discovery World offers a mix of history, culture, real-life stories, investigation, mystery shows, factual series and documentaries. Its programming is mainly in English and locally subtitled or dubbed. In some countries the advertisements and announcements between programs are localized.
In Europe the channel started as Discovery Civilisation, also called Discovery Civilisation Channel, in the UK in 1998 and later followed by other European countries. Discovery Civilisation focused on history-related programs. On April 18, 2008, the channel changed its name into Discovery World and extended its program lineup to also include programs about culture, crime and "mysterious phenomena".
- Original logo (1998-2003).
- Logo used from 2003 until 2008.
- Current logo (2008 to present).
- Prototype This!
- Amazing Medical Stories
- Discovery Atlas
- Dr. G: Medical Examiner
- Everest: Beyond the Limit
- Final 24
- More Industrial Revelations Europe
- Most Evil
- Polish Mountaineers in the Himalayas
- Polish Socialist Films - From the Archives of WFO
- Crime Investigations
- Psychic Witness
- Zero Hour
- "Which TV channels were on sky digital at launch ?". Digital Spy Forums. January 2, 2011.
- "DNI Fast Facts: EMEA" (PDF). Discovery Communications. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Kanalbyte hos Discovery". Resumé. April 18, 2008.
- Jan-Hein Visser (April 17, 2008). "Discovery Civilisation wordt Discovery World". Totaal TV.