Established in 1919, the community is located approximately 15 miles (24 km) east of Omak, along what is now Washington State Route 155. It was formerly a logging town that was home to the headquarters of the Biles-Coleman Logging Company. When the highway to Nespelem Community was improved, workers in the sawmill began commuting from Omak, and the town population began to dwindle. After the sawmill closed at the beginning of the Great Depression, the town shrank further. For some time, the Highway Department used the empty warehouses in the town to store roadworking equipment, but that ultimately did not last, and the town was abandoned.
- "Disautel". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "disautel". ghosttownsusa.com. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- Weis, N.D. (1971). Ghost Towns of the Northwest. Caxton Press. p. 105. ISBN 9780870043581. Retrieved 2014-10-24.