Director of Immigration
The Director of Immigration (Chinese: 入境事務處處長) is the head of the Immigration Department of the Hong Kong Government, which is responsible for immigration issues and controlling entry ports into Hong Kong.
List of Directors of Immigration
- J. Moore (Chinese: 穆雅) (1961-1965)
- W.E. Collard (Chinese: 戈立) (1965-1974)
- J.M. Rowlands (Chinese: 羅能士) (1974-1978)
- R.G.B. Bridge (Chinese: 布立之) (1978-1983) - previously Secretary for the Civil Service
- A.J. Carter (Chinese: 賈達德) (1983-1989) - last British appointment
- Laurence Leung Ming-yin (Chinese: 梁銘彥) (1989-1996) - first localised holder of the position
- Regina Ip (Chinese: 葉劉淑儀) (1996-1997)
- ↑ Standing Committee on Disciplined Services. "Salaries and Conditions of Service", The Joint Secretariat for the Advisory Bodies on Civil Service and Judicial Salaries and Conditions of Service, Hong Kong, November 2008. Retrieved on 30 September, 2016.