|Coordinates: 52°36′26″N 8°22′16″E / 52.60722°N 8.37111°ECoordinates: 52°36′26″N 8°22′16″E / 52.60722°N 8.37111°E|
|• Mayor||Dr. Thomas Schulze|
|• Total||104.45 km2 (40.33 sq mi)|
|• Density||160/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||0 54 41|
Diepholz (German pronunciation: [ˈdiːphɔlts]; Low German: Deefholt) is a town and capital of the district of Diepholz in Lower Saxony, Germany. It is situated on the rivers Hunte and Lohne, approximately 45 km northeast of Osnabrück, and 60 km southwest of Bremen.
It was the capital of the sovereign County of Diepholz and the principal seat of the Noble Lords, later Counts, of Diepholz.
Notable people associated with Diepholz include:
- Rudolf van Diepholt (c. 1390-1455), bishop of Utrecht and bishop of Osnabrück
- Fritz Klatte (1880-1934), German chemist and the discoverer of polyvinyl acetate
- Zygfryd Kuchta (born 1944), Polish handball player
- Georg Moller (1784–1852), architect and town planner who worked in the South of Germany, mostly in the region today known as Hesse
- Marianne of Sweden(died after 1285), Swedish Princess and countess consort of Diepholz by marriage to Rudolf, Count of Diepholz. She married Rudolf, Count of Diepholz, in Nyköping in Södermanland in 1285.