Cyclone of Slack (2009)
The Cyclone of Slack was a Devival in Portland, Oregon, in October 2009 put on by the joint efforts of the Church of the Subgenius and the organizers of Esozone.
One of the more bizarre moments of the evening was when suddenly, in 2s and 3s, the alcohol and fire-and-brimstone sermon fueled crowd in front of the stage began to sit down and Slack when the Duke of Uke began to play his ukulele.
NYC GFY Devival (2010)
Discordian devivals are bi-yearly gatherings of Discordians worldwide. The first Devival was held on June 8-June 14, 2008 and was a great success with over 50000 people attending from around the globe. Devival celebrations are simultaneously held at a number of locations, to maximise the ease of attendance.
The next Devival was to be held in 2012.
Devival I (2008)
Devival I was simultaneously held at five locations determined by a secret ballot run on the single transferable vote system. The result determined three locations across the United States, one in Europe, and one in Asia. Over 50000 people attended the five events, the smallest event drew a crowd of 2323, and the largest just under 25000.
Devival II (2010)
A Devival occurred in 2010. It was suggested that this even occurred at a location in Antarctica as a joke.
Devival III (2012)
Devival events were held at multiple locations in 2012.
- Cusack, Carole M. (2010), "The Church of the SubGenius: Science Fiction Mythos, Culture Jamming and the Sacredness of Slack", Invented Religions: Imagination, Fiction and Faith, Ashgate Publishing, p. 95, ISBN 978-0-7546-6780-3
- "Reports on Great Devivals of yore".
- "Salvation - $10". Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- "Cyclone of Slack". Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- "Hour of Slack #1232 - Portland Cyclone of Slack Devival 1 - 59:08". Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- "Duke of Uke calms the Devival with the healing power of the ukulele". Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- "SUBGENIUS DEVIVAL IN ASTORIA".