Department of Children and Youth Affairs
|Formed||2 June 1956|
Dún Aimhirgin, Mespil Road,|
53°19′58″N 6°14′53″W / 53.33278°N 6.24806°W
The official headquarters and ministerial offices of the department are in Dún Aimhirgin, Mespil Road, Dublin 4. The departmental team consists of the following:
- Minister for Children and Youth Affairs: Katherine Zappone, TD
- Secretary General of the Department: Fergal Lynch
The department is responsible for children and youth affairs.
The department was created in 1956 as the Department of the Gaeltacht. It was renamed to its current title in 2011.
Over the years its name changed several times, with some changes in its role. The department was known as the following:
- Department of the Gaeltacht (1956–1993)
- Department of Arts, Culture and the Gaeltacht (1993–1997)
- Department of Arts, Heritage, Gaeltacht and the Islands (1997–2002)
- Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs (2002–2010)
- Department of Community, Equality and Gaeltacht Affairs (2010–2011)
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs (2011–)
- "S.I. No. 214/2011 — Community, Equality and Gaeltacht Affairs (Alteration of Name of Department and Title of Minister) Order 2011". Irish Statute Book. 13 May 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2011.