|Irish name||Donncha Mac Eoin|
|Born||Killoughey, County Offaly, Ireland|
|*Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 19:50, 28 June 2014.|
Born in Killoughey, County Offaly, Owens first excelled at hurling in his youth. He made his senior debut with Offaly during the 1980-81 National League and immediately became a regular member of the team. During his career Owens won two All-Ireland medals, five Leinster medals and one National Hurling League medal.
At club level Owens played with Kilcormac/Killoughey.
Throughout his career Owens made 25 championship appearances. His retirement came following the conclusion of the 1992 championship.
In retirement from playing Owens became involved in team management and coaching. He is the current manager of Kilcormac/Killoughey and has guided the team to one Leinster and three championship titles.
- All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (2): 1981, 1985
- Leinster Senior Hurling Championship (5): 1981, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990
- National Hurling League (1): 1990-91
- Leinster Senior Club Hurling Championship (1): 2012
- Offaly Senior Club Hurling Championship (2): 2012, 2013, 2014
- "Offaly GAA profile". Hogan Stand website. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Leinster Senior Hurling Finalists" (PDF). Leinster GAA website. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- Boyle, Donnchadh (16 November 2013). "Owens lapping up Kilcormac's spectacular wave of success". Irish Independent. Retrieved 28 June 2014.