Damen Stan 2600 patrol vessel
The first vessels of this design were delivered to the Hong Kong Police.
The United States Coast Guard Marine Protector class of cutters are based on the Damen Stan 2600 design. A total of 78 Marine Protector class vessels were built by Bollinger Shipyards -- 74 for the US Coast Guard, two for the United States Navy, two for Malta and two for Yemen. Four of the last vessels, are owned by the United States Navy, while being crewed and managed by the USCG, and bearing USCG pennant numbers. The Navy relies of these vessels to escort its big nuclear submarines as they enter and exit from their ports. Its big submarines are seen as vulnerable to suicide bombers until they can get to water deep enough to dive. The Navy's four vessels are equipped with a gyro-stabilized machine gun, remotely controlled from the bridge.
The Venezuelan Navy operates vessels built to the Damen Stan design. The vessels were built in Venezuela. In March of 2008 a newly constructed vessel was sent to Nicaragua to try to solicit orders from the Government of Nicaragua.
In November 2011 Ecuador signed a contract to build vessels of the related 2606 design for the Ecuadorian Coast Guard.
In January 2012 Cuba and Venezuela entered into an agreement to cooperate in the construction of vessels built to the Damen Stan 2606 design. The vessels will be built in the UCOCAR shipyards in Puerto Cabello, Venezuela.
In May 2014 the Bahamas also ordered four patrol vessels based on Damen's 26 metre design.
|length||26.5 metres (87 ft)|
- "L'Equateur commande une vedette garde-côte" [Ecuador orders a star Coast Guard]. Mer et Maritime. 2011-11-16. Archived from the original on November 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
The Dutch group Damen shipyard and the Ecuadorian Astinave signed with the coastguard service of Ecuador, the order type of a star Stan Patrol 2606.mirror
- "USCG Contract for Bollinger". Marine News. July 2007. p. 8. Archived from the original on 2014-07-18. Retrieved 2014-07-17.
The Bollinger built CPBs are based on the Damen STAN 2600 design developed for the Hong Kong police.
- "International Acquisition Programs". United States Coast Guard. 2009-12-15. Archived from the original on 2009-12-28.
- "Two Damen Stan Patrol 2600 for Yemen". Damen Group. Archived from the original on 2009-12-28.
- "Coast Guard Awards Contract to Build Two 87-foot Protector-class Coastal Patrol Boats for the Yemen Coast Guard". US Coast Guard. 2009-09-11. Archived from the original on 2014-07-15.
The Coast Guard awarded a $28.2 million contract to Bollinger Shipyards, Inc., in Lockport, La., on September 11, 2009, to build two 87-foot Protector-class Coastal Patrol Boats for the Yemen Coast Guard.
- Ed Friedrich (2008-06-20), Enlisting a Coast Guard Cutter to Protect Navy Subs, Kitsap Sun,
A second 87-foot cutter, the Sea Fox, is being built and will be added next year.
- Mauricio Miranda (2008-02-26). "Analizan adquisición de un guardacostas en Venezuela" [Analyze acquisition of a cutter in Venezuela]. El Nuevo Diario. Archived from the original on February 3, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-02. mirror
- "Casi listo patrullero venezolano similar al ofertado a Nicaragua" [Almost ready like Venezuelan patrol offered to Nicaragua]. Nuestro Mar. 2008-03-06. Archived from the original on February 3, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-02. mirror
- "Astinave contracts Damen for fourth Patrol Vessel". Damen Group. 2014-05-02. Archived from the original on 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
Astilleros Navales Ecuatorianos EP - has recently awarded Damen Shipyards Group the contract for a fourth Patrol Vessel of the Damen Stan Patrol 2606 type. This contract represents the last of this SPa 2606 series for the Ecuadorian Coastguard to be built locally.
- "Signing of contract SPa 2606 Ecuador". Damen Group. 2011-11-02. Archived from the original on 2011-11-30. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "Damen Signs Contract to Build Stan Patrol 2606 Boat at Astinave Yard in Ecuador". World Maritime News. 2011-11-03. Archived from the original on November 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-30. mirror
- Armando F. Mastrapa III (2012-01-11). "Cuba & Venezuela will jointly build coastal patrol boats". Cubapolidata. Archived from the original on February 3, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
An agreement has been signed between the Venezuelan Defense Ministry and Cuban Transportation Ministry to jointly build patrol boats for the Venezuelan Navy in Puerto Cabello (Carabobo), announced Admiral Diego Alfredo Molero Bellavia (Commander General, Venezuela Navy).mirror
- "JDW 10-Jan-2012 Venezuela, Cuba sign patrol craft accord". Jane's. 2012-01-10. Archived from the original on February 3, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
The Venezuelan Ministry of Defence and the Cuban Ministry of Transport on 5 January signed an agreement under which Cuban technicians will assist in production of coastal patrol craft production at Venezuela's UCOCAR Navy shipyard.mirror
- "Bahamas First Damen Stan Patrol Vessel on the Way". Asian Defense News. 2014-05-17. Archived from the original on 2014-07-16. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
On the 18th of March 2014 Damen signed contracts with the Government of the Bahamas – Ministry of National Security on behalf of the Royal Bahamas Defence Force (RBDF) for a package of four (4) DAMEN Stan Patrol 4207, four (4) DAMEN Stan Patrol 3007 and one (1) DAMEN RoRo 5612.