The Damara Orogeny created the Naukluft Mountains between 550 Ma and 495 Ma. The Damara Orogeny occurred late in the creation of Gondwana, at the intersection of the Congo and the Kalahari cratons.
- 1 2 http://gondwanaresearch.com/gray.pdf
- 1 2 JUNG, S. & MEZGER, K. 2003. U-Pb garnet chronometry in high-grade rocks; case studies from garnet ages and the role of high U-Th inclusions. Contributions to Mineralogy Petrology 146, 382-396.
- 1 2 JUNG, S, HOERNES, S. & MEZGER, K. 2000. Geochronology and petrogenesis of Pan-African syn-tectonic S-type and post-tectonic A-type granite (Namibia) – products of melting of crustal sources, fractional crystallization and wall rock entrainment. Lithos 50, 259-287.
- 1 2 KUKLA, C. 1993. Strontium isotope heterogeneities in amphibolite facies, banded metasediments— a case study from the Late Proterozoic Kuiseb Formation of the southern Damara Orogen, Central Namibia. Communications of the Geological Survey of Namibia Memoir 15, 139pp.
- 1 2 KUKLA, C., KRAMM, U., KUKLA, P.A., OKRUSCH, M. 1991. U-Pb monazite data relating to metamorphism and granite intrusion in the northwestern Khomas Trough, Damara Orogen, Central Namibia. Communications of the Geological Survey of Namibia 7, 49-54.