Dahomey was a state of the Fon people of present-day Benin. It had an organized state religion.
Mawu and Lisa
Lisa (male) and Mawu (female), married twin siblings of Nana Buluku, are the creator spirits, occasionally combined as Mawu-Lisa, an androgynous spirit. Mawu-Lisa created the world and made it orderly, then made plants, animals, and humans; the entire process took four days.
- The first day, Mawu-Lisa created the world and humanity;
- The second day the earth was made suitable for human life;
- On the third day, humans were given intellect, language, and the senses;
- Finally, on the fourth day, mankind received the gift of technology.
Offspring-spirits of Mawu and Lisa
- Vodoun Culture Haitian Vodoun as chronicled by native Haitians
- Baba Alawoye.com Baba'Awo Awoyinfa Ifaloju, showcasing Ifa using web media 2.0 (blogs, podcasting, video and photocasting)
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 1/12/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.