Dagur Kári Pétursson|
12 December 1973
|Other names||Dagur Kari Petursson, Dag Kára Pétursson|
Dagur Kári (born Dagur Kári Pétursson; 12 December 1973) is an Icelandic film director.
He was born in Paris, France to Icelandic parents and returned to Iceland when he was 3 years old. Dagur graduated from the National Film School of Denmark in 1999, with art house short movie Lost Weekend. The film got off to a good start and gained the first popularity winning 11 prizes on the international festival circuit.
The first feature film Noi the Albino (Nói albínói) he released in 2003 and also won several international awards. Then followed with his second film, Voksne mennesker (Dark Horse), which was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2005 Cannes Film Festival.
In December 2011 it was announced to produce a drama film Rocketman, which eventually became Virgin Mountain, with Baltasar Kormákur and Dagur Kári was set to direct the film. In January 2013 it is again announced that film will be produced by Kormákur with his partner Agnes Johansen. Denmark's Nimbus Film will co-produce the film. Film's production is has started in February and will be filmed in the end of 2013, is expected to release in 2015.
- Old Spice (1999)
- Lost Weekend (1999)
- Dramarama (Icelandic. Villiljós) (2001)
- Noi the Albino (Icelandic. Nói Albínói) (2003)
- Dark Horse (Danish. Voksne mennesker) (2005)
- The Good Heart (2009)
- Virgin Mountain (Fusi) (2015)
- "Dagur Kàri • Director - Cineuropa – The Icelandic genius". cineuropa.org. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "Festival de Cannes: Dark Horse". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 12 December 2009.
- "Dagur Kari writing Icelandic film Rocket Man; Baltasar Kormakur to produce". screendaily.com. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "Contraband Director Baltasar Kormakur to Produce ROCKET MAN". filmofilia.com. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "Baltasar Kormakur to produce Dagur Kari's Rocketman". screendaily.com. 4 January 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "Oscar Hopeful Baltasar Kormakur to Produce Dagur Kari's 'Rocketman'". thewrap.com. 4 January 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Dagur Kári at the Internet Movie Database
- Dagur Kári at DFI.dk
- Lost weekend at 23rd International Film Schools Festival