Cyril William Johnston Bowles (9 May 1916 – 14 September 1999) was the fourth Bishop of Derby, from 1969 to 1988.
He was educated at Brentwood School and Cambridge University, he was ordained in 1940. His career began with a curacy at Barking Parish Church. Following this he was Chaplain at Ridley Hall, Cambridge and after that Vice Principal and then Principal. Finally, before his elevation to the Episcopate, he was Archdeacon of Swindon.
- The Right Rev Cyril Bowles. The Times (London, England), Friday, September 17, 1999; pg. 27; Issue 66622
- Diocesan details
- Church News New Bishop Of Derby Nominated The Times Friday, Aug 29, 1969; pg. 10; Issue 57651; col A
- BOWLES, Rt Rev. Cyril William Johnston, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2015; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2014
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- Ecclesiastical News. The Times (London, England), Saturday, Mar 09, 1963; pg. 10; Issue 55645
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Derby
| Succeeded by|