Monumental church in Cuijk
Location in North Brabant
|Coordinates: 51°44′N 5°53′E / 51.733°N 5.883°ECoordinates: 51°44′N 5°53′E / 51.733°N 5.883°E|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Wim Hillenaar (CDA)|
|• Total||57.07 km2 (22.03 sq mi)|
|• Land||51.29 km2 (19.80 sq mi)|
|• Water||5.78 km2 (2.23 sq mi)|
|Elevation||12 m (39 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||482/km2 (1,250/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Cuijk (Dutch pronunciation: [kœyk]) is a municipality and a town in upper southeastern Netherlands of pre-historic origin. Its existence is recorded on the Roman roadmap Tabula Peutingeriana under the name of Ceuclum. Cuijk is twinned with Maldon in Essex, UK. It is a big commuter town with very good public transport services to nearby Nijmegen. The nearest hospital is at Boxmeer and the nearest international airport is situated in the German town of Weeze. Cuijk has a railway station on the Nijmegen to Venlo railway.
Population centers include:
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Cuijk, June 2015
- Cuijk, church: Sint-Martinuskerk
- Cuijk, windmill: windmolen Jan van Cuijk
- Vianen, church
- "College" [Board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Cuijk. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 5431BV". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
|| Heumen (GE)
| Mook en Middelaar (LI)
Mill en Sint Hubert
|Maas / Gennep (LI)|