Countess Elisabeth Dobržensky de Dobrženicz
|Countess of Dobržensky|
7 December 1875|
Chotěboř, Bohemia, Austria-Hungary
(now the Czech Republic)
11 July 1951 75) (aged|
|Burial||Cathedral of São Pedro de Alcântara, Petrópolis, Brazil|
|Spouse||Pedro de Alcântara, Prince of Grão-Pará|
Princess Isabelle, Countess of Paris|
Prince Pedro Gastão
Princess Maria Francisca, Duchess of Braganza
Prince João Maria
|Father||Johan-Wenzel, Count Dobržensky de Dobrženicz|
|Mother||Baroness Elizabeth Kottulinsky de Kottulin et Krzižkowitz|
Countess Elisabeth Maria Dobržensky de Dobrženicz (Czech: hraběnka Alžběta Dobřenská z Dobřenic; 7 December 1875 – 11 June 1951) was the daughter of Johan-Wenzel (Jan Václav), Count Dobržensky de Dobrženicz and his wife, Countess Elisabeth Kottulinsky, Baroness de Kottulin et Krzižkowitz.
She had three elder brothers Jan, Otokar and Jaroslav and a younger brother named Karl Kunata. Karl Kunata renamed himself to Count Kottulinský in Austria in 1905; late in 1912, he married Countess Maria Theresia von Meran, member of a morganatic branch of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine).
Elisabeth married Pedro de Alcântara, Prince of Grão Para on 14 November 1908 at Versailles, who had previously renounced his hereditary claim to the crown of Brazil because she was not of royal birth. They had five children:
- Princess Isabelle of Orléans-Braganza (1911–2003) married Henri, count of Paris - parents of Henri, Orléanist pretender to the throne of France.
- Prince Pedro Gastão of Orléans-Braganza (1913–2007) married Princess Maria de la Esperanza of Bourbon-Two Sicilies - parents of Princess Maria da Gloria, Duchess of Segorbe, former Crown Princess of Yugoslavia.
- Princess Maria Francisca of Orléans-Braganza (1914–1968) married Duarte Nuno, Duke of Braganza - parents of Duarte Pio, Duke of Braganza, the current pretender to the throne of Portugal.
- Prince João Maria of Orléans-Braganza (1916–2005) married Fatima Sherifa Chirine (1923-1990), widow of Prince Hassan Toussoun, Prince of Egypt.
- Princess Teresa of Orléans-Braganza (1919-2011) married Ernesto António Maria Martorell y Calderó (1921-1985).
Elisabeth died on 11 June 1951 at the age of 75. She was buried with Pedro.
- Enache, Nicolas (1999). La Descendance de Marie-Therese de Habsburg, Reine de Hongrie et de Boheme. Paris: ICC. pp. 71, 80, 253–259, 275. ISBN 2-908003-04-X.
- Montjouvent, Philippe de (1998). Le Comte de Paris et sa Descendance. Charenton, France: Editions du Chaney. pp. 148–153, 161–162, 165–166. ISBN 2-913211-00-3.
- Royal Ark
Article about Elisabeth Dobrensky published in Royal Digest http://pt.scribd.com/doc/231754509/Elisabeth-Dobrensky-Von-Dobrenicz-Empress-of-Brazil-PDF-2