Countess Amalie Henriette of Solms-Baruth
|Countess Amalie Henriette of Solms-Baruth|
|Spouse(s)||Charles Louis, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg|
|Noble family||House of Solms-Laubach|
|Father||John Christian II, Count of Solms-Baruth|
|Mother||Frederieke Louise of Reuss-Köstritz|
30 January 1768|
31 October 1847 79) (aged|
Countess Amalie Henriette Charlotte of Solms-Baruth (Kliczków, 30 January 1768 – Karlsruhe, 31 October 1847) was a countess by birth of Solms-Baruth. She was the only child of John Christian II, Count of Solms-Baruth and his wife, Friederike Louise of Reuss-Köstritz.
Marriage and issue
She married on 30 January 1789 with Charles Louis, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg. They had the following children:
- Luise Karoline (1789-1789)
- Elise Eleonore (1790–1830), married Victor Amadeus, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg
- Karoline Friederike Constance (1792-1847), married Franz Josef, Prince of Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst
- Emilie Friederike (1793–1859), married Friedrich Ludwig of Castell-Castell
- Ernst Christian (1794–1860), married Princess Feodora of Leiningen
- Friedrich Wilhelm (1797-1797)
- Marie (1798-1798)
- Luise Charlotte (1799–1881), married Adolf Karl of Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen
- Johanna Henriette (1800–1877), married Emil of Erbach-Schönberg
- Agnes (1804–1833), married Constantin, Hereditary Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg
- Gustaf Heinrich (1806–1881)
- Helene (1807–1880), married Duke Eugen of Württemberg
- Johann Heinrich (1810–1830)
Due to the marriages of her children and grandchildren, she is ancestress to several European monarchs:
- Prince Hans Adam II of Liechtenstein is the great-grandson of Infanta Maria Theresa of Portugal, whose mother Adelaide was Amalie Henriette's granddaughter.
- Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg is also a descendant of Adelaide through her daughter Marie Anne.
- King Charles XVI Gustav of Sweden is a son of Sibylla, who was the great-great-granddaughter of Amalie Henriette's son Ernest Christiaan.
- Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands is a daughter of Bernhard, who was a great-grandson of Amalie Henriette's daughter Emilie.
- Queen Sophia of Spain and Constantine II of Greece are children of Frederica of Hanover, whose grandmother Empress Augusta Victoria was a granddaughter of Amalie Henriette's son Ernest Christian.