Count of Soissons
This is a list of those who bore the title Count of Soissons (French: Comte de Soissons) and ruled Soissons and its civitas or diocese as a county in the Middle Ages. The title continued in use into modern times, but without ties to the actual Soissonnais.
- 896–c. 907 Herbert I, Count of Vermandois (died 900–907)
- c. 907–930 Herbert II, Count of Vermandois (died 943)
- 969–988 Guy I
- 988–1047 Adelise, widow of prec.
- until 1019 Nocher, jure uxoris, second husband of prec.
- 1047–1057 Renaud I, son of prec.
- 1057–1079 Adelaide, daughter of prec.
- 1076 William Busac, jure uxoris
- 1079–1118 John I
- 1118–1146 Renaud II
House of Clermont
- 1146–1178 Yves le Vieux (the Old)
- 1178–1180 Conon
- 1180–1235 Raoul le Bon (the Good)
- 1235–1270 John II le Bègue (the Stammerer; died 1272)
- 1270–1284 John III
- 1284–1289 John IV
- 1289–1298 John V
- 1298–1306 Hugh
- 1306–1344 Margaret (died 1350)
- 1344–1350 Jeanne de Hainaut
- 1350–1367 Guy II (died 1397)
- 1487–1495 François, jure uxoris
- 1495–1537 Charles, Duke of Vendôme, jure matris
- 1547–1557 Jean VII
- 1557–1569 Louis de Bourbon, Prince of Condé, brother of prec.
- 1569–1612 Charles de Bourbon
- 1612–1641 Louis de Bourbon
- 1641–1656 Marie de Bourbon, Princess of Carignano (died 1692), sister of prec.
- 1641–1656 Thomas Francis (1596-1656), jure uxoris
- 1646/50–1656 Joseph Emmanuel, titular count, son of prec.
- 1656–1673 Eugène Maurice, brother of prec.
- 1673–1702 Louis Thomas, son of prec.
- 1702–1729 Emmanuel Thomas
- 1729–1734 Eugène Jean François