A consul is one of a number of political officials.
- Roman consul, the highest elected office in ancient Rome
All later Consuls and Consulates are ultimately derived from the Roman ones, in particular:
- Consul (representative), a representative in one country of the government of another
- First Consul, a title used by Napoleon
- Consulate of the Sea, quasi-judicial body in Medieval Aragon
Consul may also refer to:
- The Consul, an opera by Gian-Carlo Menotti
- The Honorary Consul, a novel by Graham Greene
- The Honorary Consul (film), a 1983 adaptation of the Graham Greene novel
- "Consul", a traditional name for performing apes in the nineteenth century – see Proconsul (primate)
- Organisation Consul, 1920's German Nationalist death squad
- Consul (genus), a genus of butterflies
- Consul, a brand of typewriters in mid-20th century by Československá zbrojovka, akc.spol.