Conroy Ryder, 8th Earl of Harrowby
Conroy Ryder was born on 18 March 1951. He is the only son of Dudley Ryder, 7th Earl of Harrowby, by his marriage to Jeanette Rosalthe Johnston-Saint. His sister is Lady Rosalthé Frances Rundall.
Harrowby succeeded to the earldom on the death of his father on 9 October 2007. The family seat is Sandon Hall in Staffordshire, England. The family also resides at Burnt Norton House, made famous by T. S. Eliot's Four Quartets.
Marriages & Children
Harrowby was married firstly to Sarah Nichola Hobhouse Payne on 16 July 1977. They had four children:
- Dudley Anthony Hugo Coventry Ryder, Viscount Sandon (born 5 September 1981), heir apparent to the earldom
- Hon Frederick Whitmore Dudley Ryder (born 6 February 1984)
- Hon Henry Mansell Dudley Ryder (born 13 July 1985)
- Lady Emily Georgina Hobhouse Ryder (born 13 January 1992)
- Lundy, Darryl. "p. 8048 § 80477 entry". The Peerage.
- Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 2, page 1805
- Burke’s Peerage & Baronetage, 106th Edition, edited by Charles Mosley, Burke’s Peerage, Crans, Switzerland, 1999, ISBN 2-940085-02-1, p. 1326.
- The Peerage, entry for 8th Earl of Harrowby
- Lundy, Darryl. "The Peerage". The Peerage.
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Earl of Harrowby