Conor O'Callaghan is an Irish poet, born in Newry in 1968. He has published three collections of poetry: The History of Rain (1993; Patrick Kavanagh Poetry Award), Seatown (1999), and Fiction (2005). He is published in North America by Wake Forest University Press.
He is also the author of Red Mist: Roy Keane and the Football Civil War (2004), an account of Roy Keane's departure from the 2002 FIFA World Cup squad in and its aftermath, and has written and broadcast on cricket.
O'Callaghan is a former director of the Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown Poetry Now Festival and was shortlisted for the 2005 Poetry Now Award. He is also a former co-holder of the Heimbold Chair of Irish Studies at Villanova University. He currently lectures part-time both at Sheffield Hallam University in the UK and at Wake Forest University in North Carolina. He was awarded the 2007 Bess Hokin prize by Poetry magazine.
O'Callaghan's first novel Nothing on Earth was published in 2016.
He lives in Manchester.
- The History of Rain (Gallery Press 1993)
- Seatown (Gallery Press 1999)
- Fiction (Gallery Press 2005)
- The Server Room (Smithereens Press 2013)
- The Sun King (Gallery Press 2013)
- Nothing on Earth (Doubleday Ireland 2016)
- Red Mist: Roy Keane and the Football Civil War (2004)
- Justin Quinn The Cambridge Introduction to Modern Irish Poetry, 1800–2000 1139469592 - 2008 ... the poet Conor O'Callaghan. The implication at the end of the poem is that it is O'Callaghan who has stirred' that blackbird into song'.35 The poem is a response to his poem entitled 'Cover Version', from his collection, Fiction (2005), in which ..."
- Books Ireland Jeremy Addis - 2006- Nos 282- 290 - Page 111 Conor O'Callaghan and his partner, poet Vona Groarke, are something of a poetry assault-team ... lacking in an awful and occasionally pitiful intellectualism: witness the avalanche-like 'Cover Version', lightly rhyming in .."
- Conor O'Callaghan's page at Gallery Press
- Conor O'Callaghan's page at Wake Forest University Press
- Conor O'Callaghan's page at Poetry Foundation
- Conor O'Callaghan's The Server Room at Smithereens Press
- The Stinging Fly review of The Sun King
- Irish Times review of Nothing on Earth
- Irish Independent review of Nothing on Earth