|Irish name||Conn Dúdal|
|*Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 18:54, 5 July 2014.|
Born in Wexford, Dowdall first excelled at hurling in his youth. He arrived on the inter-county scene at the age of seventeen two when he first linked up with the Wexford minor team, before later joining the under-21 side. He made his senior debut during the 1965 championship. Dowdall went on to play a bit part for Wexford over the next few years and won one Leinster medal.
Throughout his inter-county career, Dowdall made just 4 championship appearances for Wexford. His retirement came following the conclusion of the 1971 championship.
His brother-in-law, Liam Bennett, also played with Wexford.
- Faythe Harriers
- Wexford Senior Hurling Championship (2): 1965, 1981
- Leinster Senior Hurling Championship (1): 1965
- All-Ireland Under-21 Hurling Championship (1): 1965
- Leinster Under-21 Hurling Championship (2): 1965, 1966
- All-Ireland Minor Hurling Championship (1): 1963
- Leinster Minor Hurling Championship (2): 1963