A combination plate can refer to several things, including:
- A combination meal
- A type of tableware
- A type of dental dentures
- Crystals and/or minerals that have formed in a combination,
- A printing plate that has both line drawings and halftones
- A combination wall plate molded with a variety of ports for various electrical items, such as switches and plugs.
A combination plate may refer to a type of tableware plate, dish or platter that is designed with separate compartments for foods to be placed in. This has also been referred to as a compartment plate and a partition plate. Combination plate meals are sometimes served on this type of plate. In Nepal, this type of plate is called a thaali, and is typically made of metal. In Nepalese cuisine, the dish daal bhaat is often served on a thaali. In the United States, compartment plates have been used to serve table d'hôte dinners. In the United States, combination plates have been used as a part of U.S. army mess kits.
- An airline meal served on a partition tray
- Plastic partitioned tableware
- Apple pies served on partitioned tableware
- A mess kit with a combination plate (bottom)
- A rare and fine combination plate from the Tsumeb Mine. Glassy, mostly transparent, smoky-colored wulfenite crystals with sharp beveled edges are richly and aesthetically scattered on the matrix. Bundles of lustrous, yellowish-tan mimetite are concentrated at the top of the piece, and the largest wulfenite, at 9 mm, is aesthetically framed by two mimetite crystal clusters.
- "Pei Mei's Chinese Cook Book (培梅食谱)". III. p. 3. ISBN 9867997670.
- Catering Industry Employee. Hotel and Restaurant Employees and Bartenders International Union. 1918. p. 52.
- The Hotel/motor Hotel Monthly. Clissold Publishing Company. 1913. p. 55.
- "Patent US2042801 - Combination dish". Google.com. Patent file date: April 10, 1933. Patent publication date: June 2, 1936.
- Mayhew, B.; Bindloss, J.; Armington, S. (2006). Nepal. Ediz. Inglese. Country Guides (in Turkish). Lonely Planet. p. 104. ISBN 978-1-74059-699-2.
- Brown, J.E. (2001). Historical Dictionary of the U.S. Army. Gale virtual reference library. Greenwood Press. p. 307. ISBN 978-0-313-29322-1. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- The Southern Dental Journal. R.A. Holliday. 1891. p. 59. ISSN 1053-5047
- Harlan, A.W.; Johnson, C.N. (1915). The Dental Review: A Monthly Journal Devoted to the Advancement of Dentistry. H.D. Justi & Son. pp. 37–38.
- "Academic Press Dictionary of Science and Technology". google.com.
- Wijnekus, F.J.M.; Wijnekus, E.F.P.H. (2013). Dictionary of the Printing and Allied Industries: In English (with definitions), French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Italian. Elsevier Science. p. 357. ISBN 978-1-4832-8984-7.
- Popular Science. Bonnier Corporation. p. 6. ISSN 0161-7370
- Do-it-yourself Retailing. National Retail Hardware Association. 1986. p. 148. ISSN 8750-2569
- Company, Western Electric (1916). Electrical Supply Year Book. The Company. p. 526.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Partition plates.|
- Villaescusa, E. (2015). Geotechnical Design for Sublevel Open Stoping. CRC Press. p. 383. ISBN 978-1-4822-1189-4.
- Certain hot-rolled carbon steel plate from the Republic of Korea: determination of the Commission in investigation no. 731-TA-151 (preliminary) under the Tariff Act of 1930, together with the information obtained in the investigation. USITC publication. U.S. International Trade Commission. 1983. p. A-9.
- Steel. Penton Publishing Company. 1914. p. 881.